Thursday, August 5, 2010

The French Chateau!


Early this morning, we left Tossa de Mar. It took us a a few trains and many hours. We boarded our first train and my dad began to panic. His wallet was gone. Turns out, someone pick-pocketed him. We have no idea how they did it! Our best guess is that it happened while everyone was pushing and shoving to get on the train. Luckily, earlier that morning, my dad thought it was a bad idea to have everything in that wallet so he took out one credit card and some American cash. I'm so glad he did that! We lost about 70 Euros and 2 credit cards which we cancelled immediately. They had only made a couple charges. I bet it is kinda funny to watch my dad and I walking around. We have big hiking backpacks on our backs and I always look like I'm going to fall over. My dad walks as fast as I can run. I'm seriously considering a tow rope. Well, we finally made it to our destination. It is several miles outside of Lyon, France. We are staying in an old 13th century castle that was made into a hotel! It is beautiful! It is surrounded by miles of vineyards as well as orchards of cherry trees and lavender. I love it here! We had reservations for dinner at 8:00 p.m. This meal was so good! Although, it happened to be 7 courses long. It took 2 hours! So many funny things happened. For instance, everyone had bottles of wine in buckets of ice next to their tables...not us...we had a giant bottle of water! We had no idea how to order off the menu, and they didn't speak very good English. The best part of the whole night was when the waiter lit the table on FIRE! It was hysterical! I had a hard time not laughing. Overall, it has been a great day! I'm excited to see what tomorrow brings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home