Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wengen, Switzerland!


Wow! What a day! I don't even remember what all happened! We got up and headed to the temple to get some pictures in the daylight. Then, we got on a train and headed toward a little village at the bottom of The Eiger. My dad was SO EXCITED that he was going to actually see the Eiger in person! You should've seen him when he found out we could ride a train across the north face of the mountain!! He was like a little kid with candy! It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had! The Alps are gorgeous and breath taking. They are so high. You can't even imagine how high they are until you've seen them. The villages are to die for. They are filled with cute buildings. Every window has shutters on it and planter boxes below filled with red geraniums. I love it here! I think it is my favorite place so far! At the top of the train, we went to an Ice Palace! It was so cool! It was 100% ice...the floors, the walls, the benches, everything! It was way sweet! We climbed outside to a little ledge. It was a bit chilly especially because I was in flip flops! At the end of the day, we ate some fondue, skyped our family back home and are excited for a big day tomorrow!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home