Monday, August 9, 2010

Venice, Italy!


We are making progress! Early this morning, we walked super fast to the train station in Zermatt. We made it just in time for a 7 hour train ride to Venice! It was very comfortable. The only problem I usually have is that I get motion sickness pretty easily. I haven't had a lot of problems with it on this trip, but on this long train ride I did. Sleeping it off wasn't a problem! :) Well, we finally made it! I love Venice so much! It is one of my favorite places so far!! It is such a charming place to be! We got settled in and did some shopping through the little cobble stone streets. I made sure we had plenty of pictures! There are dozens of stores who sell authentic masks here. I really wanted to get a picture with one! So we went into a store and my dad told me to pick up one of the biggest ones. I picked it up and accidentally knocked over the stand. The owner of the store came running over and said, "You ask me!" Then he went off in Italian for a bit. Then, he held the mask out and said, "Did you want a picture?" I hesitatingly said, "...yes...can I?" and he said, "NO" Haha sooo note to self and anyone who plans on going to Venice...don't pick up the masks! And if you're going to anyways, don't make a BIG scene! Walking back to the hotel, I got hit on by an Italian man...woo woo! Nope!! 1. I was with my dad 2. He was so drunk he couldn't even see straight! Well, we ended the night by getting some gelato which was delicious of course! On this trip I've learned that I take a lot of things for granted. Here are some of them:

- friendly people from Utah
-a washer and dryer
-churches every block and a half
-everyone speaking English
-feeling safe and not worrying about being robbed
-my straightner


I feel so blessed to be able to see the world like this! I'll never forget any of it! Tomorrow morning we're going to catch a gondola ride through the city and hopefully get some more great pictures! I love it here!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home