Monday, August 16, 2010

Athens, Greece!


Man, today has been such a great day compared to yesterday! We woke up and the first thing we needed to do was to solidify our travel plans to make sure we can reach our goal. I’m not sure if I have mentioned our goal. It is to travel from Barcelona, Spain to Jerusalem, Israel with just the backpacks on our backs...no flying. We spent hours this morning trying to make sure we could arrange ferries and end at our final destination. We walked through Athens, Greece and stopped in every travel agency in sight. To our disappointment, we discovered that it was almost impossible to reach our goal. No ferries went to Cyprus and onto Israel. We possibly could make it happen if we traveled all through the night and day and going through Syria. I did not want to do that at all. Knowing my objective-driven dad, he would like to do that. However, he is so kind and thought he would make it a better trip for me. Quite frankly, I think he just didn’t want to deal with me losing it like I almost did the day before ;) I’m just teasing. I really am blessed with the most incredible dad. I’ve been asking him to give me advice about different topics such as college, work, dating, marriage, finances, church and other life in general advice. I’ve been video recording it so I can have it forever and it and pass it down the generations. I would definitely recommend it to people my age, or anyone as a matter of fact! It has been so amazing. Anyways, what we have to do is spend a few days in Greece, then fly to Tel Aviv, Israel. We’ll spend a few days in Israel then fly home. I’m glad we made that decision. After we had that all figured out, we boarded a “Flying Dolphin” boat to Aegina...the closest Greek island to the mainland. It was beautiful there! We walked to a beach. The water was INCREDIBLE! The water was so clear and warm! I loved every minute of it! We met a very nice man at dinner and got our picture with him. We took a little stroll down the street and stopped at a little fruit and vegetable stand. They sold everything out of the back of their boat. It was interesting! I have been wanting to buy a watermelon from one of these stands since Bosnia and we were finally able to do that here! I was so excited! We got on a ferry back to Athens. Tonight the plan is to relax, watch a movie, and eat our watermelon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home