Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Santorini, Greece!


This morning, we got on a ferry headed to Santorini! It took about 4 hours and I slept most of the way. We arrived to the port and everyone rushed downstairs to grab their luggage and get off the boat. We got outside and it was unbelievably hot! It was chaotic! There were buses and people everywhere. My dad and I just jumped on a random bus. By the time we got on the bus, there were no more seats. So we stood in the aisle. Almost 20 minutes went by and people kept filing onto the bus! Everyone was almost touching and the entire bus was jam packed. We finally started driving and it was a crazy ride! I'm surprised we weren't like dominoes in the aisle! We finally made it and got off that bus as soon as we could! We walked outside and began to hike the white washed paths to our hotel. I can't even describe to you how hot it was! We hiked around forever, finally made it to the destination the Iphone gave us and figured out it had led us the wrong way! So we spent more time hiking back down to our hotel. I wasn't very happy! But once I got cooled down, I was in a much better mood. We went swimming down at the pool. I don't know why, but I haven't had that much fun swimming in a long time! Maybe because it was so hot outside! We played in the pool all afternoon. I taught my dad a little game we like to call "Hands up! Stands up!" The first time he tried it, I don't even think he got his feet out of the water. He'd kick his legs and splash everywhere. I think he missed the point! :) By the end of the day, he smoked me every time! One time, I came up and went down 3 times before he fell down! I was impressed! We played other games like "Who can push off the wall the furthest without moving your legs or arms?" He killed me at that game too. Now that I think about it, I can't beat him in any game. That's why I don't play games with him very often anymore. :) After the pool, we got ready and went shopping through Santorini. Wow, it is gorgeous here!! It might be my new favorite place! I know I say that a lot, but I really mean it! All the building are white-washed and perched on the cliffs of a little island. It is such a beautiful spot! We bought a couple souvenirs, but the best part of shopping was finding some shoes! I have been looking for these shoes since Italy! They're very European, and I love them! Afterwards, we got some dinner which was delicious. We also got a scoop of gelato and walked back to our hotel! What a great day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home